Launched in 2013, Xbox One is an updated version of Xbox 360. It has a robust internal memory that can be expanded to 1TB and comes with a kinetic camera, HDMI cable, and Xbox One controller. Despite the ease of use, you may have problems with the performance of your Xbox One. A common problem for Xbox One users is that the device is automatically turned off. The next section presents the most common causes of this problem and shows how to solve it.
Xbox One shuts itself off – Causes and solutions
Reason 1: Overheating
One of the main reasons for shutting down the Xbox One is probably overheating. If you use the device for a long time, the internal temperature may rise.
- When you turn on the unit after an automatic shutdown, make sure you receive a message that the console is not being properly ventilated. Put your hand on the console and check the temperature. If it’s too hot, turn off the console and turn it back on after an hour.
- Keep the device away from sunlight and electronic devices.
Reason 2: Incorrect power supply
The other main cause of the automatic shutdown is poor power supply. Whether the Xbox One has an internal or external power supply, it can be switched off automatically due to a poor power supply. High or low power can cause damage resulting in a malfunction.
- Check plugs, cables, and wires for damage. If so, correct it or change it into a new one.
- Make sure Xbox One is connected to the same source as the powerful drawing devices. If this is the case, unplug the power cord and replace it.
- Unplug the power adapter and the Xbox power adapter from the wall outlet. Then remove the power supply and power adapter. Wait a minute. Reconnect him.
Reason 3: Operating mode parameters
Your Xbox One can also be turned off automatically when you have turned on the power mode. This is a convenient feature for setting the time to turn the console on and off.
- Go to System >> Settings >> General >> Power mode and startup.
- Go to Settings and select Disable later.
- Now choose not to switch off automatically.
Reason 4: Gambling problems
Sometimes it feels like you’re closing Xbox while you’re playing a game. In this case, the problem may be related to the game.
- Check if updates are available for the game or not. If so, update it to the latest version immediately.
- Restart your Xbox One console and start playing the game.
- Uninstall the game and then reinstall it.
- Update your Xbox One console with the latest version.
- If the problem persists, stop playing this game.
Reason 5: Hardware error
Sometimes a hardware error in the console causes the device to turn on. In this case, contact Microsoft to repair or replace the hardware problem.
Before contacting Microsoft, reset your Xbox One to factory defaults and see if the problem is resolved or not.
If you are still experiencing problems or if you have any suggestions, please send us an email in the Comment section. Follow our Facebook and Twitter pages.