Why Spotify is Slow – Spotify, the well-known music gig, has taken place in the heart of millions of music lovers.
It grips a massive collection of decent music and super functions. But wouldn’t it be great if the app ran faster?
Why Spotify is Slow?
You might be ripping your hair off thinking aloud Why Spotify is Slow? Well, there might be a lot of reasons; but of course, there are explanations as well. If you want to know more about Spotify So Slow and How you can Fix It then read this article carefully.
What are the Reasons Behind Spotify being So slow?
We all are aware that Spotify runs on computers and smartphones with a well-matched version of the app. It even works on browsers with Spotify web player.
Though, you might find your version of Spotify slow for many reasons. Some of them are figured herein:
- Over a deprived internet connection, you might discover that Spotify takes forever to load any content. Low bandwidth issue turns Spotify app not working with predictable speed.
- Disrupted operation occasionally makes Spotify’s desktop app slow. The disruption might occur during the app installation process or playing music.
- Spotify desktop app can develop very slowly for excessive usage of RAM or cache memory by other software. It can also occur on smartphones if multiple apps work in the background simultaneously.
- Some rare settings can make Spotify slow on computers or smartphones. Even, some might find Spotify web player not working correctly for the very same reasons.
- Excessive files on the local hard drive might turn the Spotify desktop app slow. You should not forget to pure Spotify cache files on an even interval to ensure a smooth run.
How can you make the Spotify app faster on a Windows PC?
The solution to your think why Spotify is so slow awaits here if you are a Windows PC user.
Spotify for Windows OS occasionally runs very slowly due to a file on the local drive. Now, we’ll learn how to clear Spotify cache to make the Spotify desktop app faster.
- You simply need to go to the designated folder for Spotify in AppData on your local hard drive. You might access the folder using this route map on windows explorer: Drive C > Users > Username > AppData > Local > Spotify.
- Now, you need to look for Browser, Storage, and Data folders therein and simply Access each of the folders and delete all the files inside.
- Now, you need to go to the roaming data folder of the Spotify for Windows app and simply take this lead: Drive C > Users > Username > AppData > Roaming > Spotify.
- There you need to look for the ‘perfs’ file inside the folder.
- After that, simply open the ‘prefs’ file in Notepad, and add this special text at the end of the file: storage.size=1280 and Save the file.
How can you make the Spotify app faster on a Mac?
Is Spotify slow on Mac, which you have never imagined would happen? Improbably, Mac PCs can lag as well when cache files overflow or numerous apps are active. Though, why is Spotify so slow on Mac OS is still a burning question to get answers to.
- You need to open Finder on your Mac computer and simply click on the ‘Go’ option from the menu bar and select the ‘Go to that Folder’ option from thereon.
- After that, you need to type in this route address: ~/Library/Caches/com.Spotify. client/, and hit the Enter button to access.
- Now, simply select everything inside the folder and delete all of them.
- Now, From the Finder on your Mac, you simply need to hit on the ‘Go’ menu and select the ‘Go to Folder’ option once again.
- After that, simply Type this folder address: ~/Library/Application Support/Spotify/, and access the folder with a hit on the Enter button.
- Now, you also need to check for a file named ‘perfs’ and simply Open ‘perf’ with TextEdit, and add the following text at the end of the file: storage.size=1536.
- Then, simply Save the file, and finally, eliminate the folder titled PersistentCache.
After performing the steps above, you should be able to solve Spotify’s slow on Mac problem. Keep a keen eye on the demeaning performance of the Spotify app.
What if Still Spotify App Not Working Smoothly?
Here till now, Spotify should be working on your home device at the normal speed. You have taken all the above measures, though you will find that Spotify takes forever to load music or search results. This unit covers what you should do when your issue is not solved yet.
When you find Spotify slow on Mac, or Spotify for Windows running with tainted speed, try these tricks. These will also work for your Spotify mobile app:
- First, you need to restart the app, and then try logging out and back into your Spotify account.
- You simply need to free up spaces on the RAM by closing the background operations of other software.
- Always make sure that you are using the updated version of the app.
- You need to try a clean reinstallation of the Spotify app and use the verified version by the actual developer.
- Occasionally, an attempt to play any inaccessible songs can make the app lag.
- You need to check if you have an active internet connection and simply try restarting your machine once.
- You also have to use an optimal setting to run the app at the highest speed.
- How to Export Spotify Playlist
- Spotify Cant Play This Right Now
- Spotify Blocked by Firewall
- Why is Garth Brooks Not on Spotify
- How to Search for User Spotify
- Why Does My Spotify Keep Stopping
Spotify is so slow can be agonizing to several users. Instead of enjoying decent music, they start to worry about running the Spotify desktop app slowly. But there are numerous solutions if you are getting downgraded act from Spotify and these solutions should work out on any desktop or mobile device.
We have shared everything about Spotify being Slow and How can you Fix It in this article on “Why Spotify is Slow” if the info that we shared above helped you in any way then do share it with others.