How to update Kodi is the hottest topic you can find everywhere because many get confused to perform this simple process. You can update Kodi on Firestick in two or three ways, which are simple to understand and follow. This blog provides you the knowledge of how to update Exodus on Firestick and how to update Firestick 2021. Also, sometimes when there is an update released for Firestick by its manufacturer, if it does not update automatically, you will have to update it manually. So you get to know the latest Firestick update 2021 as well here.
How to update Kodi on different OS platforms?
From this section, you will clearly understand that you already have Kodi installed on your device previously and looking to update it necessarily. Go through the following instructions to update Kodi on Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android, Amazon Fire OS, and any other devices that work with Firestick.
If your Windows system or laptop has the option of Windows Installer, updating Kodi becomes an easy task. Follow these steps to overwrite the existing installation of Kodi and update it with the current version. Please note that to install or update Kodi, you should have a Windows running version of greater than 7.
- Download Kodi’s installation file from the Firestick’s official website or any trusted website.
- Go to kodi.tv/download and you can find various versions of Kodi.
- When you see the Windows logo, click on it, and a new screen displays with different versions of Kodi.
- You can choose either 32-bit or 64-bit depending on the capability of your system.
- If you have 64-bit applications, prefer choosing the same first.
- Download the file and search for it in the appropriate downloaded path or from the Downloads folder.
- Double-click to run the .exe file downloaded. Wait for the installation wizard to appear, and once displayed, follow the instructions that prompt on the screen until you see the message that Kodi is being installed.
- After the installation is complete, you will see the option to run Kodi, and it confirms the installation process. Wow! You are good to go using Kodi on Windows.
Read Also: Best SNES Emulator You Can Find In 2021
In Mac, you have only the option to update Kodi i.e. by reinstalling it.
- Download the latest Kodi file from its official website.
- Scroll down and select the operating system as Mac OS.
- When the installer prompts you to install, click on the button that displays Installer-64 bit, and the file downloads in the DMG format.
- Double-click on the downloaded Kodi file to open it.
- As the last step, drag and drop Kodi’s application file into your Mac Application folder, and if you are asked to replace the existing file, give Yes and confirm your decision. Kodi is now updated on your Mac OS.
Linux is a unique operating system and does not work similarly to Windows or Mac OS. The same procedure is applicable even when updating Kodi.
- Perform the foremost step i.e. running the Terminal interface by pressing Ctrl + Alt + T keys together.
- Enter the command Sudo apt-get update and confirm the same by pressing the Enter key.
- Now, use the command Sudo apt-get upgrade, and finally input the command Sudo apt-get dist-upgrade.
- Great the latest version of Kodi is now downloaded and updated to its latest version.
Android users can easily update Kodi’s latest version through the Play Store app.
- Tap and launch the Play Store app on your Android device.
- Click on the Hamburger Button visible in the top-left corner.
- Now select My Apps & Games; in case new updates are available, you will find them in My Apps & Games.
- Click the Update option on the right side of the screen to update the latest Kodi version.
- Now your Android device is updated with the latest version of Kodi.
Amazon Fire TV/Fire TV Stick
Unfortunately, you cannot download Kodi on your Fire OS device through the Amazon App Store. But there are other methods to install Kodi on your Fire TV Stick.
How to install Kodi on Firestick using Downloader?
- Go to the top of the screen on your Fire TV and then move to the left. If you find the Search option, key in Downloader.
- You can find the application’s name below the virtual keyboard visible on the screen.
- Now click on the Application Name and click on the Cloud Icon present below the app’s description.
- The Kodi application for your Fire TV Stick now downloads; now install the application.
- Wait for a minute so that the application gets installed.
- After the installation is complete, move to the sidebar on the left place and select Settings.
- Now enter Kodi’s URL address http://kodi.tv on the Home Screen, press Go, and Continue.
- Scroll down the entire website until you see different icons. Click on the Android icon and open the Downloads section on Kodi’s official website.
- Now you will be taken to a new page; look for a blue-colored button that says ARMV7A (32 BIT) and wait for a couple of seconds. A new window appears with a progressive bar; wait for the download to be finished.
- If Kodi is downloaded successfully, you will see a new installation window. Click on Install in the bottom-left corner.
- The installation process might take at least a couple of minutes, so do not interrupt the process during this time.
- Once the wizard completes the Kodi installation, a new button appears that shows Open in the bottom-right corner, Welcome to Kodi!
Sometimes, few devices may not support updating Kodi to its latest version. In such cases, you have an option of jailbreaking Kodi, which is not a recommended one and not considered legal in many countries. This works well with the streaming device because you may find it difficult to install or update Kodi on streaming devices. Reach us anytime for any queries on Kodi installation or upgrade through call, email, or chat.