How To Recover Deleted Data From MAC:- It’s way painful realizing that you didn’t back up your data before the unfortunate moment occurred. Now that your focus is only on one thing, here is How to recover deleted data from MAC using different built-in and third-party software. If you haven’t flushed your Trash Can you don’t have to read this further. But, if it isn’t so, May I insist?
Deleted information stays in the computer’s memory; you just can’t access it once you delete it from the Trash Can. It’s recoverable, provided you have not overwritten your disk with new files or folders. What sounds like a smart move is to download an effective recovery software that guarantees data restoration. I have already found the ones that can help you with retrieving and extracting the deleted data on your Mac PC. Here are some of the spotted software and How to Recover deleted data from MAC.
How To Recover Deleted Data From MAC
How to Recover Lost Data from MAC Time Machine
This data recovery tool is a built-in program on your Mac OS used for data backup and restore. If you had performed frequent backups of your data, you have a higher chance to restore them through Time Machine.
- Ensure that Time Machine backup disk is connected and active while you carry out the retrieval process.
- Open the folder from where you deleted your files and launch Time Machine by clicking its icon.
- You can use timeline, scroll down the screen, or type the name of deleted files in the search field.
- Select the files you intend to retrieve and press the Spacebar to preview these files.
- Click the Restore button to recover files from Time Machine.
How to recover lost data from MAC using Disk Drill
Disk Drill for Mac OS is a powerful tool to recover lost file son Mac that employs in-depth scanning methods. It’s the tool of the decade literally as it is handy with failing drives. Disk Drill also offers protection against data loss if you don’t have any data to restore but to back up. You can use it for a quick recovery for all major file systems such as HFS+, FAT, and NTFS. Here is How to restore lost data on MAC using Disk Drill.
Note: This tool works only with Mac OS X 10.8.5 or later.
- Step 1: Download Disk Drill and find the file “diskdrill.dmg” in downloads folder. Double click it and drag the Disk Drill icon to the Applications folder when it asks you.
- Step 2: Now launch the application and keep the three checkboxes checked when a window pops up.
- Step 3: Enter your Computer’s Admin password.
- Step 4: A screen will ask you for an upgrade, you need to select No thanks.
- Step 5: Now come to the tool and start the recovery process by selecting a drive on your Mac computer.
- Step 6: Once you select the drive, click the recover button.
- Step 7: Disk Drill will take on the rest from here to restore your deleted files.
- Step 8: Sort through the recovered data to make selection of the recoverable files.
- Step 9: Preview a particular file and checkbox the ones you want back.
- Step 10: There you go, just select the folder or location where you want your data saved.
How to Undelete Protected Data on MAC using Disk Drill
It works best if you have Disk Drill pre-installed before deleting your protected files. With the features either Guaranteed Recovery or Recovery Vault turned on, there are higher chances that you can get your data back. The best way to go for a Quick Scan at first which is effective for HFS/HFS+, FAT and NTFS file systems.
However, if that doesn’t bring your data back, opt for a deep scan as the last resort and most reliable method. The only downside of using a deep scan is it will rename your files by their type. One way or the other, you have to purchase this software, so get ready to spend some money to expect guaranteed results. The steps are similar for Disk Drill Quick Scan and Deep scan.
Restoring Deleted Files on Mac Using Wondershare Recoverit
Wondershare recoverit is another pair of hands that you should use to restore your lost file on Mac OS. Famous as Recoverit Mac File Recovery software is a tool from wondershare that offers you a complete solution to retrieve deleted data on Mac OS. Go through the following steps and get your data back on your computer.
- Step 1: Download and install Recoverit Mac File Recovery on our Mac PC.
- Step 2: Select a location where your data was stored prior to deletion.
- Step 3: Recoverit Mac file recovery tool starts scanning the partition searching for every lost file in the folders.
- Step 4: You can preview the scanned items in right hand side panel concurrently.
- Step 5: Mark the folders and files you want restored and click to recover.
- Step 6: Choose a location where you need the restored files saved. And that’s it.
You May Also Like
- How to Recover Deleted Data from iPhone
- How to Recover Deleted Date from Android
- Best Data Recovery Software
You can recover up to 1 GB data with Recoverit recovery software for free. This limitation is not there with the pro version of Recoverit. There are certain restrictions with using the Disk Drill software for data recovery of MAC OS that offers only a preview of the deleted files. And I think it’s worth it if you have to decide what matters the most at the moment.